Sunday, January 10, 2010

Welcome!

I have always thought I had too many disparate interests.  I make a living designing jewelry and making costumes for theatre.  I have studied many languages for the hell of it, some useful in places I haven't yet visited.  I love history, ancient and recent.  I collect perfumes and teas obsessively and I apply and consume them daily, respectively.  There are more.  But it was in was trying to simplify these varying interests that I realized some are not so disparate after all.

Tea, wine, and perfume.  No doubt wine lovers have a basis for understanding perfume.  And in a recent class at New York City Wine School, the lecturer made several analogies to tea.  Lovers of one can surely appreciate another.  These three things are inextricably linked, I think!  And there's more to go along with them.

I'm going to use this blog to casually mention the sensory liquids, and the like, that I come across, as well as the far-reaching and ancient rituals that involve them.  It wont be strictly relegated to tea, wine and perfume.  I want to find what bridges the gaps, blurs the lines and expands horizons.

Cheers, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment